I do love my Mum, I lover her very much, so I do hope that she doesn’t take this personally!!
But so much of this rings true…. and I can also hear myself having said this to my own kids at times!!
What my Mother taught me….
- My mother taught me RELIGION.“You’d better pray that will come out of the carpet.”
- My mother taught me TIME TRAVEL.“If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!”
- My mother taught me FORESIGHT.“Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident.”
- My mother taught me IRONY.“Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about.”
- My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.“Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!”
- My mother taught me about WEATHER.“This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.”
- My mother taught me about ENVY.“There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do.”
- My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.“Just wait until we get home.”
- My mother taught me about RECEIVING.“You are going to get it when you get home!”
- My mother taught me HUMOUR.“When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don’t come running to me.”
- My mother taught me WISDOM.“When you get to be my age, you’ll understand.”
- My mother taught me about JUSTICE.“One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you”.